The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame and Museum has announced nearly three weeks worth of programs and events leading up to the Cleveland induction ceremony on April 14.
MUSIC HAS THE POWER TO BRING PEOPLE TOGETHER
and the Rock Hall, Cleveland Public Library and PNC Bank are working together to host ROCK x CPL, powered by PNC, a free community event that invites families to experience the power of music firsthand at the Cleveland main branch downtown on March 24th, 12 – 4 pm (325 Superior Ave, Cleveland, OH 44114).
Join us for a free afternoon of music immersion and learning, including live performances in the library’s main room, hands on crafts and the Rock Hall EDU team leading interactive programs that introduce fans of all ages to different instruments, societal messages in song and more. Visitors will be able to tell their own stories through music by designing their own album covers and recording music and stories with traveling artist Phatty Banks.
We’re telling stories together and invite the Cleveland and surrounding communities to share in the celebration.
PROGRAM SCHEDULE – CLEVELAND MAIN LIBRARY BRANCH
Join us downtown at the Cleveland Main Library Branch (325 Superior Ave, Cleveland, OH 44114) for the following programs lead by the Rock Hall EDU team, kicking off at noon:
Meet the Instruments
- Library Main Room
- 1 pm, 2 pm, 3 pm
- Library Side Room
- 1 pm & 2:30 pm
Fight the Power
- Library Main Room
- 12:30 pm & 2:00 pm
Mobile Recording Session
- With traveling artist Phatty Banks
- Tell Me Something Good Game
- Create your own album cover childrens crafts
- Rock and Reading self-guided area
- Library & Archives traveling exhibit displays and NEO Sound Community Donation Day – donate your artifacts to our archives
- Bring your music and concert memorabilia with you to ROCK x CPL. You can talk to an archivist about it and donate that day! Any questions? Please contact the L&A at email@example.com or 216.515.1956.
- Dance, Dance Revolution & Rock Band games
LIVE MUSIC LINE UP
•Brent Kirby Trio: 12:00-12:45 pm
Rootsy revival introspective stir and strum
•Marcus Alan Ward: 1:00-1:45 pm
High energy electronic alternative rock soul
•Hey Mavis: 2:00-2:45 pm
Dynamic Appalachian vibes with virtuosic delivery
•Chris Allen, Doug McKean & Tom Prebish: 3:00-3:45 pm
Singer songwriter smarts on a foundation of American Rock
- Celebration Day Powered by PNC with free admission, live music, activities, food trucks, and a Rock ‘N Blast fireworks show
- A Hall of Fame Series with 2018 Inductees The Moody Blues, and one with 2017 Inductee Bill Bruford of YES
- Film screenings, including Bad Reputation, a new documentary that follows 2015 Inductee Joan Jett’s life story, and Days of Future Passed Live featuring The Moody Blues
- Cleveland Connects panel discussion with 1995 Inductee Martha Reeves
- Live stream of Red Carpet arrivals on rockhall.com and the Rock Hall’s Facebook and YouTube pages
- Simulcast party
- Induction Afterparty with DJ Questlove
- Author Series with Gayle Wald
- Live music and performances at the Rock Hall and throughout the City
- Added Stories of Rock trivia contests, Inductee and album spotlights, education programs, films and more to enhance your Museum visit
- Special Museum hours on Thursday, April 12 (10 a.m. to 9 p.m.) and Friday, April 13 (8 a.m. to 4 p.m. EST)
- Rock Boxes broadcasting music spotlighting the 2018 Inductees (hourly, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.).
- Download the 2018 Rock Hall Inductee playlist on Spotify
The induction ceremony will take place at Public Auditorium on Saturday, April 14 at 7:30 pm. The ceremony is sold out, but there will be a red carpet live stream available on the Rock Hall’s Facebook and YouTube pages beginning at 5:30 pm. The ceremony itself will air on HBO at a later date. There is an Induction Afterparty at the House of Blues at 11 pm that night.